A Quick Word From Yours Truly


Hi, welcome to PJ's blog.

If you've checked out the "About Me" bit you'll see I'm a keen amateur photographer who enjoys all things digital. I mostly like photographing plants and landscapes as they are easy targets ;-) I used to work in Software which sounds more exciting than it is but am now officially a Snr. Project Planner having changed jobs after almost 25yrs in Software. I sometimes wish I could work in photography but that would probably become boring if I did it day in and day out. I used to sponsor a wolf called Luna until she sadly passed away, and love all things "wolfy". Anyhow enjoy the blog and hopefully I'll manage to keep it up to date with what I've been doing and my favourite things!

PJ

Tuesday 1 December 2020

Advent Calendars

This year's advent calendars up on the lounge door ready for tomorrow. The usual metal magnetic one which I bought a few years ago in Homebase and which has ended up being pretty handy. And a cardboard one purchased from Clinton Cards on a rare visit to Bluewater during this bloody pandemic. A trip I made with Julia and which was reasonably pleasant despite having to mask up like Lone Bloody Ranger!

The cardboard calendar has proved to be pretty awesome, very pleased with the quality of the pictures behind the windows. Call me old fashioned but I really love these calendars over the chocolate variety which have no pictures at all. But some of the calendars have totally un-Christmassey pictures too which is crap. So very impressed with not only the calendar itself but at just £3 it was a bargain compared to one I bought some years ago from eBay for almost a tenner 😱

The from picture is a lovely town scene of the Salvation Army Band playing carols. Will definitely look for calendars in Clinton Cards again next Christmas!

No comments: