A Quick Word From Yours Truly


Hi, welcome to PJ's blog.

If you've checked out the "About Me" bit you'll see I'm a keen amateur photographer who enjoys all things digital. I mostly like photographing plants and landscapes as they are easy targets ;-) I used to work in Software which sounds more exciting than it is but am now officially a Snr. Project Planner having changed jobs after almost 25yrs in Software. I sometimes wish I could work in photography but that would probably become boring if I did it day in and day out. I used to sponsor a wolf called Luna until she sadly passed away, and love all things "wolfy". Anyhow enjoy the blog and hopefully I'll manage to keep it up to date with what I've been doing and my favourite things!

PJ

Monday 30 November 2020

Mum's Anniversary

So this year marks 33yrs that Mum has been gone, where does the time go? Popped up to the crematorium on the Friday as the actual anniversary (30th Nov) was a working day, and had a chat with Mum. No flowers this year as getting to the shops is an experience I'd rather avoid because of this ridiculous Covid-19 shenanigans. So stood by her tree as usual and chatted away into my journal app so I can always go back and reminisce again afterwards. Have had quite a few visits with her this year what with Covid-19 keeping us all close to quarters, so in a way it's been quite nice to see the crematorium grounds in the better parts of the year with all the myriad of roses and flowers out in full bloom.

Lit the usual candle at 6pm to remember her, not that I need a candle to remember of course but it's kind of a tradition now. The two dried rose buds are from a previous bunch of red roses and they have naturally dried up on the shelf by her photo. 

As always she is gone but never forgotten, taken too soon due to cancer and missed out on sooo many family moments that it's hard to count them. I know she's keeping an eye on us all down here and probably keeping a watch on the other family members who are with her now having passed on too.

Love you Mum, now and for always xxXxx

 

No comments: