A Quick Word From Yours Truly


Hi, welcome to PJ's blog.

If you've checked out the "About Me" bit you'll see I'm a keen amateur photographer who enjoys all things digital. I mostly like photographing plants and landscapes as they are easy targets ;-) I used to work in Software which sounds more exciting than it is but am now officially a Snr. Project Planner having changed jobs after almost 25yrs in Software. I sometimes wish I could work in photography but that would probably become boring if I did it day in and day out. I used to sponsor a wolf called Luna until she sadly passed away, and love all things "wolfy". Anyhow enjoy the blog and hopefully I'll manage to keep it up to date with what I've been doing and my favourite things!

PJ

Friday 11 December 2020

Christmas Lights

 

Took this on my way back home from an evening out shooting the lights around the Estate with the new M50. This is actually the Mother of the Bride photo of moi taken by Julia's official wedding photographer back in August 2016 and which hangs in the hallway. This is shooting through the hall window with the net lights forming a frame.

Had a good evening wandering around taking photos of the myriad of festive lights that have gone up around where I live. In fact I've recently done a second round tackling the streets I didn't get around to walking the first time. Took a few little video clips too of some of the displays where there was sufficient movement. Created a couple of slideshows and uploaded them to FB and shared with the Estate group. 

Taking photos of the lights is something I do most years weather permitting. Although I skipped it last year due to getting to visit Bedgebury and Kew Christmas Light displays. Both were awesome in their own way but think for me Bedgebury was the most enjoyable not only because of the more old-fashioned Christmas songs, like Bing Crosby's White Christmas, but because we went early enough to beat the crowds. My Kew visit was 18th Dec and by then it was heaving. Plus it was more laser light shows which were good but too modern for me. Maybe next year I'll get to re-visit...

No comments: