A Quick Word From Yours Truly


Hi, welcome to PJ's blog.

If you've checked out the "About Me" bit you'll see I'm a keen amateur photographer who enjoys all things digital. I mostly like photographing plants and landscapes as they are easy targets ;-) I used to work in Software which sounds more exciting than it is but am now officially a Snr. Project Planner having changed jobs after almost 25yrs in Software. I sometimes wish I could work in photography but that would probably become boring if I did it day in and day out. I used to sponsor a wolf called Luna until she sadly passed away, and love all things "wolfy". Anyhow enjoy the blog and hopefully I'll manage to keep it up to date with what I've been doing and my favourite things!

PJ

Friday 4 December 2020

My Christmas Tree


 So here's the tree in all it's glory, still really pleased with it's bushiness and built-in LED lights, it was a very good buy a few years ago to replace an aging fibre optic tree.

The usual silver star at the top and Mum's memory heart along with a star showing Willow & Grace, two other Guide Dogs boarded by Julia and James before Annie came along. Last year I made them a bauble with a photo of Ron in it to remember him by as he was off to his forever home just as they were rehoming Annie. Can't believe she'll have been here for a whole year come 20th Dec :-)

The decorations are all red/white, some made of wood, knitted, padded fabric and the odd decorated bauble plus coloured bells. I gave up on shiny baubles and tinsel a few years back although still have that in my vast stash, because never say never! A few old baubles that belonged to my Mum adorn the mirror where I'm sitting writing this, love these old style Christmas decs - they are very hard to come by now and very expensive to buy on eBay - I know I've looked ;-) But I guess they wouldn't be the same as having some of the decs around that we used to hang on the tree all those years ago when she decorated the house for Christmas.Well when I say we, I mean her, the tree was her thing and I cannot remember anyone else being "allowed" to do it :-) It's still my favourite time of year, or one of them, I like Halloween too, but always prefer to get past her anniversary before the decs go up. Again it's just one of my stipulations.

No comments: