A Quick Word From Yours Truly


Hi, welcome to PJ's blog.

If you've checked out the "About Me" bit you'll see I'm a keen amateur photographer who enjoys all things digital. I mostly like photographing plants and landscapes as they are easy targets ;-) I used to work in Software which sounds more exciting than it is but am now officially a Snr. Project Planner having changed jobs after almost 25yrs in Software. I sometimes wish I could work in photography but that would probably become boring if I did it day in and day out. I used to sponsor a wolf called Luna until she sadly passed away, and love all things "wolfy". Anyhow enjoy the blog and hopefully I'll manage to keep it up to date with what I've been doing and my favourite things!

PJ

Thursday 17 December 2020

More Covid-19 Signage


Saw these rhymes posted on the school gates on my walk around this morning having had to venture out to the chemist for my prescription. As much as I hate all this Covid-19 signage everywhere I quite liked the humour behind these, well I found them funny anyway, and so as I have an ongoing album on Facebook with examples of this type of thing in it I thought I'd best snap these for prosperity. Because although it really doesn't feel like it right now, there will come a time when this crap is long gone, or we'll have learnt how to deal with it sensibly (and by that I mean the GOVERNMENT) and we'll look back on this and wonder how we needed to do this in order to get a grip on what amounts to a flu virus... A day when the GOVERNMENT stop trying to scare the crap out of everybody so they "do as they are told". I wouldn't mind if they also followed the "rules" but they don't. As per usual it's one rule for the rich and another for the poor. They fiddle the data on a daily basis to try and frighten people into coercion. I can't wait for the day when we'll ditch the face masks and 2m social distancing bollocks where you do a daily dance up and down the street trying to avoid everyone else who then don't even bother to acknowledge that you have given them space. A day where we can visit who we like when we like for as long as we like and actually HUG our friends and family. So much that we took for granted before the GOVERNMENT started panicking about something that for 99% of people isn't a problem.

I read a Norwegian folk story on FB the other day, posted by a friend, about the Black Death, in the form of an old woman called Pesta. Now the Black Death was indeed a deadly pandemic, wiping out 60% of the population, decimating whole towns and villages, where people literally died within three days of contracting it. Covid-19 IS NOT like that, not even vaguely close to being like that. So WHY are we being led to believe that this is a DEADLY virus?!!?? Yes its a problem for a small percentage of people, yes some people have died from it and of course that is tragic, but this is not killing even 1% of the total population. Big difference. Maybe our GOVERNMENT need to learn some statistics and dump the SAGE scientists for some of those who actually know what they are talking about. And there have been loads of scientists who have come forward to voice their concerns. Are they taken notice of? No because the GOVERNMENT don't want to be told they have been fobbed off by a load of crap information. And whilst they are at it maybe they should start putting some money back into the NHS instead of keep bleeding it dry because when all is said and done that's what this boils down to. An NHS that cannot cope because every bloody GOVERNMENT we ever have pinches the money from them and keeps them functioning on scraps and leftovers. Instead of putting people on furlough they should have ploughed that money back into the NHS, built more hospitals. Because they are always building new homes but no one builds more hospitals or GP surgeries.

No comments: