A Quick Word From Yours Truly


Hi, welcome to PJ's blog.

If you've checked out the "About Me" bit you'll see I'm a keen amateur photographer who enjoys all things digital. I mostly like photographing plants and landscapes as they are easy targets ;-) I used to work in Software which sounds more exciting than it is but am now officially a Snr. Project Planner having changed jobs after almost 25yrs in Software. I sometimes wish I could work in photography but that would probably become boring if I did it day in and day out. I used to sponsor a wolf called Luna until she sadly passed away, and love all things "wolfy". Anyhow enjoy the blog and hopefully I'll manage to keep it up to date with what I've been doing and my favourite things!

PJ

Wednesday 25 July 2007

Retired Folks?

What is it about retired people who feel the need to go back to work??? Here in Paradise we have people who have left and are now back doing “short-term” contract work which seems to last forever and I wonder if that will be me in 15+ years time, will I be so sad that I’d rather stay at work than enjoy my hard earned break from the daily grind? I sincerely hope not, I’d like to think that I’ll have enough hobbies and be comfortably off financially to enjoy pursuing them. My mother-in-law “retired” recently and I wondered how she would cope being at home all the time, I shouldn’t have been surprised then to learn she has gone back to full-time work again, despite not having the best of health. I just cannot comprehend why people want to stay on when they officially reach retirement age, from where I’m standing right now I want to go early, sod staying till I am 65 years old! I enjoy my photography and pottering about with my photos on the PC that I cannot imagine not being able to find things to do to occupy myself when I can finally jack my job in. Like most people I work to live rather than live to work and after almost 25 years of it so far I am sick of it. My Dad and several other people I know enjoy retirement so much and fill their time so completely that they end up wondering how they managed to fit in going to work ;-) All I can say is roll on retirement, that or win the lottery!!!

No comments: