A Quick Word From Yours Truly


Hi, welcome to PJ's blog.

If you've checked out the "About Me" bit you'll see I'm a keen amateur photographer who enjoys all things digital. I mostly like photographing plants and landscapes as they are easy targets ;-) I used to work in Software which sounds more exciting than it is but am now officially a Snr. Project Planner having changed jobs after almost 25yrs in Software. I sometimes wish I could work in photography but that would probably become boring if I did it day in and day out. I used to sponsor a wolf called Luna until she sadly passed away, and love all things "wolfy". Anyhow enjoy the blog and hopefully I'll manage to keep it up to date with what I've been doing and my favourite things!

PJ

Thursday 26 July 2007

A New Nose Stud!

Well against everybody’s good advice, I took the plunge last night and actually did it…changed my nostril screw out for an ice blue threadless titanium barbell. It looks very cool and it doesn’t seem to have traumatised it too much either. That’s despite my hands shaking so much I looked like an alcoholic desperate for their next drink!!! The screw came out fairly easily but it was harder to find the inside of the hole even using the insertion guide, without that I think it would have been impossible. But once the guide was in place the barbell just clipped on the end and I pushed the whole thing back through my nose thus leaving the opening of the barbell on the outside which is where the ball plugs into. All in all it took just a few short minutes. At least now I don’t have loads of metal peeking out from my nostril, you can barely see the end of the barbell and length wise, allowing for the fact that its still healing, it’s perfect :-) Later on I’ll be able to change the ball for a different coloured one or get one fitted with a gem, various colours are available although personally I prefer the clear diamond look, it goes with anything. I might even change my ear barbell for the ice blue one I have so that they match, for now anyway, as I want to wear the black spiked one while we’re on holiday, think that will look very funky. Will have to lavish some TLC on the nose for a while till it recovers but it seems pretty good so far all things considered.

Links for the websites selling the barbells are here : http://www.piercing.org/shop/nose.htm or http://www.anotherhole.com/store.php?crn=280&rn=397&action=show_detail or http://www.kolopiercing.com/index.php?cPath=94_289

I can thoroughly recommend the bars and was well impressed with the prompt delivery from Piercing.Org. The barbells also come highly recommended in various piercing forums probably in part due to the fact that the front ends can be changed easily without the need to remove the whole bar. They are also delivered from Piercing.Org already autoclaved which is handy.

No comments: