A Quick Word From Yours Truly


Hi, welcome to PJ's blog.

If you've checked out the "About Me" bit you'll see I'm a keen amateur photographer who enjoys all things digital. I mostly like photographing plants and landscapes as they are easy targets ;-) I used to work in Software which sounds more exciting than it is but am now officially a Snr. Project Planner having changed jobs after almost 25yrs in Software. I sometimes wish I could work in photography but that would probably become boring if I did it day in and day out. I used to sponsor a wolf called Luna until she sadly passed away, and love all things "wolfy". Anyhow enjoy the blog and hopefully I'll manage to keep it up to date with what I've been doing and my favourite things!

PJ

Thursday 12 July 2007

Near miss...

Had a near miss last night whereby in a moment of absentmindedness I almost pulled my nose screw out, fortunately my brain kicked in at the last minute before any real harm was done but it goes to show how easy it is to do something stupid when we are not really thinking. I also changed my barbell in my ear rim for a straight one after ages of wearing the circular ones. They tend to feel the most comfortable which is why I stick to them and they look more obvious which I like but thought it was time for a change. In my naivety before getting my ear rim done I thought that when body piercings had healed they would be just like normal lobe piercings, how wrong can a girl be? After much trawling through various forums on the subject and from personal experience, it transpires that body piercings are a whole new breed of animal. They are happiest when they are left well alone which means not changing the jewellery several times a day and finding the “right” material for the jewellery, mine does not seem to appreciate steel, and of course trying to get the size right too. All these things apart from type of material, are of course immaterial in terms of normal earrings. Apart from a time when plastic earrings were all the rage years ago I’ve never found anything I couldn’t wear in my ear lobes. Though obviously they have been done for more years than I care to mention whereas my body piercings are a new and interesting addition to moi. Lets hope if I choose the tattoo pathway it is an easier journey ;-)

No comments: