A Quick Word From Yours Truly


Hi, welcome to PJ's blog.

If you've checked out the "About Me" bit you'll see I'm a keen amateur photographer who enjoys all things digital. I mostly like photographing plants and landscapes as they are easy targets ;-) I used to work in Software which sounds more exciting than it is but am now officially a Snr. Project Planner having changed jobs after almost 25yrs in Software. I sometimes wish I could work in photography but that would probably become boring if I did it day in and day out. I used to sponsor a wolf called Luna until she sadly passed away, and love all things "wolfy". Anyhow enjoy the blog and hopefully I'll manage to keep it up to date with what I've been doing and my favourite things!

PJ

Tuesday 15 September 2020

The British Tattoo Exhibition

 

Bit of an attempt to show a quick flavour from The British Tattoo Exhibition which is on at The Historic Dockyard Chatham until the end of this month. Originally the exhibition rocked up ready to open in March until Covid-19 caused the Dockyard to close it's doors to the public. Once the Dockyard re-opened in July the exhibition was still there as it hadn't been able to move on to it's next venue and so thankfully we got to see the exhibits. Which as tattoo aficionados was a real privilege. Especially as some of the artists featured were some of the best in Chatham back in the day! The 100 Hands is an awesome collection of tattooed latex hands showing all manner of different styles by many different artists. Not all to my taste but I can appreciate a good artist when I see one! There's a couple of old tattoo parlour set-ups showing just how much things have changed over the years and plenty of examples of the flash which used to be so common in the tattoo industry. Much of today's work tends to be far more bespoke. All in all well worth seeing if you are interested in tattoos and their history.

No comments: