A Quick Word From Yours Truly


Hi, welcome to PJ's blog.

If you've checked out the "About Me" bit you'll see I'm a keen amateur photographer who enjoys all things digital. I mostly like photographing plants and landscapes as they are easy targets ;-) I used to work in Software which sounds more exciting than it is but am now officially a Snr. Project Planner having changed jobs after almost 25yrs in Software. I sometimes wish I could work in photography but that would probably become boring if I did it day in and day out. I used to sponsor a wolf called Luna until she sadly passed away, and love all things "wolfy". Anyhow enjoy the blog and hopefully I'll manage to keep it up to date with what I've been doing and my favourite things!

PJ

Sunday 20 September 2020

Daytrip to Bexhill-on-sea - Sept 2020 Hollibobs

 

Had a good day out in Bexhill-on-sea after finally arriving around midday due to a breakdown with our coach just outside of Bewl Water Reservoir. We had to wait by the side of the road, not easy when it's just a mowed mess of brambles and other wild flora, for a replacement to arrive, which turned out to be a mini-bus given there were less than 10 of us on the trip, including the driver! Not so comfortable either when face coverings are expected to be worn, coming home I had the window open and felt like a dog with it's nose out of the window!! Anyway we got to stay later to make up for the 2hr delay which was kind of good and kind of bad. Good because we got the quota of time there that we should have had, bad because it meant staying until half six with everything closing up and the weather blowing up a bit more chilly of an evening. Also a late run back home from the station by bus once I got dropped off. Bexhill-on-sea is quite a quaint seaside town in between Hastings and Eastbourne, nearer Hastings really. The photo of the Colonnade is one I'd hoped to get and fortunately I managed to get a few without any people in them. I love these unusual architectural structures that are now dotted around the UK, few and far between. Unsure of their purpose but think they are very interesting. Spent most of the day walking along the front from end to end, although I did venture up to the Old Town gardens after arriving. Stood and watched some young lads videoing a newly married Indian couple, all dressed up in their finery which was good. Especially the gimbal one of them was using to keep the camera level. Very good but most likely very expensive ;-) Wished the happy couple many congratulations on their nuptials and once they'd finished filming went up to explore the colonnade myself. All in all a good day out and a pleasant way to round off my week's holiday - especially now that the weather has turned really cold and wet! Likely to be my last coach journey until this virus business is under some semblance of control. Just cannot be done with the early mornings to get the coach and the misery of wearing a face covering for several hours whilst on board. Looking to stay closer to home now we're heading into Autumn and as we're still being asked to work from home, at least for the remaining part of this year I'm looking forward to not having to wrap up in the waterproofs of a morning to get into work, or worrying about icy or worse still, snowy weather!!

No comments: