A Quick Word From Yours Truly


Hi, welcome to PJ's blog.

If you've checked out the "About Me" bit you'll see I'm a keen amateur photographer who enjoys all things digital. I mostly like photographing plants and landscapes as they are easy targets ;-) I used to work in Software which sounds more exciting than it is but am now officially a Snr. Project Planner having changed jobs after almost 25yrs in Software. I sometimes wish I could work in photography but that would probably become boring if I did it day in and day out. I used to sponsor a wolf called Luna until she sadly passed away, and love all things "wolfy". Anyhow enjoy the blog and hopefully I'll manage to keep it up to date with what I've been doing and my favourite things!

PJ

Sunday 27 September 2020

Family Photo Fun

So with steps, stairs and ladders being this last week's family photo challenge I spent a few hours in the studio yesterday playing with some ideas. We've been doing this weekly photo challenge since more or less we started the weekly video chats after Lockdown. It covers my Dad & Step-Mum, Bro and his family, Julia and James and of course me. It's been quite good to have something to focus on each week and has helped to keep the creativeness flowing during what is probably the biggest photo drought I've come across in my years doing photography as a hobby. With places being more limited to get to and initially restrictions of how often and where you could go because of this bloody virus business, it's been a good way to stay focused on still using my camera. Sometimes one has to rely on some poetic license with the subject matter but I have a vast array of table top stuff which comes in handy most of the time. These are a set of wooden alphabet bricks I bought a few years ago on Ebay for some photography, reminding me of the larger bricks we used to push around in a trolley as kids. The pictures on the other sides are somewhat crude and not always obvious what they are exactly but it was mainly the letters/numbers I was interested in when I bought them! Each week we submit a handful of images each, shot hopefully in the previous week but not always, and then chat about them during the call. A simple pick a number from a bag of numbers provides the next week's subject matter. We've had all sorts from money to insects, worm's eye view to colours and many other things in between. Some subjects are easier than others, this coming week is animals, birds, feathers which is not so easy for me - should be a walk in the park - literally - for Julia and James with their gorgeous dog Annie :-)
 

No comments: