A Quick Word From Yours Truly


Hi, welcome to PJ's blog.

If you've checked out the "About Me" bit you'll see I'm a keen amateur photographer who enjoys all things digital. I mostly like photographing plants and landscapes as they are easy targets ;-) I used to work in Software which sounds more exciting than it is but am now officially a Snr. Project Planner having changed jobs after almost 25yrs in Software. I sometimes wish I could work in photography but that would probably become boring if I did it day in and day out. I used to sponsor a wolf called Luna until she sadly passed away, and love all things "wolfy". Anyhow enjoy the blog and hopefully I'll manage to keep it up to date with what I've been doing and my favourite things!

PJ

Thursday 17 September 2020

Day Trip to Rye - Sept 2020 Hollibobs

 

So here's Tedster in front of the windmill we saw in Rye today. Had a belated day trip there via Chalkwell coaches which should have taken place in April this year but got delayed due to this crappy pandemic. Had a lovely sunny, albeit, breezy day there with Tedster and the TZ90 for company, very high contrast in the photos so not the ideal shooting conditions but we had a good mooch around for the 5.5hr we were there. Found some old cobbled streets, a sort of harbour but I'd somehow expected something more in keeping with the usual harbours but guessing the difference is that Rye is a river harbour and not sea! Still it was a good day out in the fresh air and whilst we all had to wear our face coverings on the coach, including our driver, there were only nine passengers including me on what I believe is a 50 seater coach - so plenty of room for social distancing! And the aircon helped to stop us all feeling too hot with the face coverings which is kind of what happens in a normal bus. All in all I'm glad we got to go after all, the beginning of the year when all my planned day trips started falling by the wayside because of this stupid virus was very depressing. As it is some were cancelled permanently this year by the venues, so all I can say is 2021 better be GOOD!!!

No comments: