A Quick Word From Yours Truly


Hi, welcome to PJ's blog.

If you've checked out the "About Me" bit you'll see I'm a keen amateur photographer who enjoys all things digital. I mostly like photographing plants and landscapes as they are easy targets ;-) I used to work in Software which sounds more exciting than it is but am now officially a Snr. Project Planner having changed jobs after almost 25yrs in Software. I sometimes wish I could work in photography but that would probably become boring if I did it day in and day out. I used to sponsor a wolf called Luna until she sadly passed away, and love all things "wolfy". Anyhow enjoy the blog and hopefully I'll manage to keep it up to date with what I've been doing and my favourite things!

PJ

Saturday 5 September 2020

Back to St Mary's Island


So, having had my foray into Chatham, Tedster and I went along to one of our fav places, St Mary's Island, for a mooch along the Riverside Walk. Armed with the M5 and 18-150mm lens the river was fairly busy with all manner of craft and it was really good to get out and do some photography that didn't depend on how far I can walk from my front door. Have made a conscious decision that for my own sanity I have to start getting back to some degree of normality otherwise my mental health is suffering as I absorb all the negative online crap regarding Covid-19 and this constant scaremongering band wagon  that everyone seems only too happy to jump on. Mask this, social distance that, it's frustrating to keep being reminded 24/7 of what most of us sensible adults know what we need to be doing. Those who have never done it, never will no matter how much they are reminded and moaned at. All it does is serve to depress the rest of us still further. So we're getting out and about while we still can and while the weather holds - happy days!

No comments: