A Quick Word From Yours Truly


Hi, welcome to PJ's blog.

If you've checked out the "About Me" bit you'll see I'm a keen amateur photographer who enjoys all things digital. I mostly like photographing plants and landscapes as they are easy targets ;-) I used to work in Software which sounds more exciting than it is but am now officially a Snr. Project Planner having changed jobs after almost 25yrs in Software. I sometimes wish I could work in photography but that would probably become boring if I did it day in and day out. I used to sponsor a wolf called Luna until she sadly passed away, and love all things "wolfy". Anyhow enjoy the blog and hopefully I'll manage to keep it up to date with what I've been doing and my favourite things!

PJ

Sunday 8 August 2021

Weekend Chores

 

So this weekend sees me doing the garden in between the showers on Friday. Having watched my neighbours able to get their lawns mowed during the nice sunny weather that I've been forced to look at through the dining room window as I've worked my way through the week, the weekend comes, along with my Off Friday and... it's wall to wall showers ☔

Did manage to get both lawns done though, plus some tidying up, albeit at the price of getting up at 7am and being outside gardening at 8:15am 😴 Not my favourite of chores but needs must and I like it to look at least presentable.

My girl and James also managed to get their 2nd jabs done on Friday evening at a Grab-a-Jab place in Leybourne, big shout out to my work colleague Joanne for suggesting it. Three weeks from now and they'll be fully covered, with some of the horror stories doing the rounds of younger people being quite ill I was keen for them to get fully jabbed up as soon as possible.

So it's been a quiet weekend of jobs around the house and garden, not nice enough, for long enough, to get out anywhere to do much. Let's hope next weekend is better weather, surely we deserve some decent, warmer and sunnier weather for August?? I've come pretty close to flicking the heating back on it's been so chilly 🥶 And I get fed up with my Off Fridays being crap weather when I've sat and watched the sunshine all week whilst working 😡

Still, I did do some photography, things beginning with M for the next famalam challenge...


Took this one from a short video as I couldn't strike the match AND operate the camera at the same time and get anything even half decent on screen. A bit of smoke was about all I managed! Quite like this and processed in LR using the Grandma's Lemonade preset for the first time in a while 😊



No comments: