A Quick Word From Yours Truly


Hi, welcome to PJ's blog.

If you've checked out the "About Me" bit you'll see I'm a keen amateur photographer who enjoys all things digital. I mostly like photographing plants and landscapes as they are easy targets ;-) I used to work in Software which sounds more exciting than it is but am now officially a Snr. Project Planner having changed jobs after almost 25yrs in Software. I sometimes wish I could work in photography but that would probably become boring if I did it day in and day out. I used to sponsor a wolf called Luna until she sadly passed away, and love all things "wolfy". Anyhow enjoy the blog and hopefully I'll manage to keep it up to date with what I've been doing and my favourite things!

PJ

Friday 27 August 2021

Dockyard Visit with Dad & Tedster!

 

Spent this week's Off Friday at the Yard with Dad & Tedster. Weather was a little up and down, started up and then clouded over at lunchtime, ended up with the sun re-appearing at home time - seems to be the latest weather trend lately!

Dad took his little Sony mirrorless and I took the M50 with the 40mm pancake prime fitted to my EF-M adapter. Realised that it is still a little too close for comfort most of the time, perhaps I should have gone with the 35mm or something wider. I have a 22mm EF-M lens which is very similar to my DSLR 24mm pancake which I love. Might have to try that one next time?

This piccie is Dad watching a couple of large and expensive looking motorboats heading along the river, possibly to Sheerness? I had a caught a couple of him unawares but asked him to pose for this one.

We had a good day wandering around the site, not too busy as usual and although we did book a time slot, now it appears to not be a requirement, more of a request if you want to avoid the queues. Mind you we already have tickets so don't really have to queue anyway.

Spent most of the day outside this time. Took our usual packed lunch and I managed to walk a couple of hot drinks back to our table. WHY are they so hot, what happened to the protective sleeves they used to have to stop your fingers from burning??? I took a couple along from home, they are too big really, but kinda helped to carry them back. Gonna have to find something more practical I think...

No comments: