A Quick Word From Yours Truly


Hi, welcome to PJ's blog.

If you've checked out the "About Me" bit you'll see I'm a keen amateur photographer who enjoys all things digital. I mostly like photographing plants and landscapes as they are easy targets ;-) I used to work in Software which sounds more exciting than it is but am now officially a Snr. Project Planner having changed jobs after almost 25yrs in Software. I sometimes wish I could work in photography but that would probably become boring if I did it day in and day out. I used to sponsor a wolf called Luna until she sadly passed away, and love all things "wolfy". Anyhow enjoy the blog and hopefully I'll manage to keep it up to date with what I've been doing and my favourite things!

PJ

Friday 13 August 2021

Mooch to the Coney Banks

 

So on this somewhat cloudy Off Friday, Tedster & I took a mooch along to the Coney Banks for some fresh air and to get some decent steps up on the Health App seeing as how I'm slowly putting on weight now I'm working from home and not walking to and from the office each day.

We set out around 10am, just the moby handy for any snapping and actually the Banks were more quiet and peaceful than I'd envisaged given it's the school holidays. A few dog walkers and kids playing footie and in the playground but other than that a really nice walk around the perimeter.

Saw a couple of council guys repainting the football pitch lines, whilst they were taking a break in their van I'd been wondering how easy it is to keep the lines straight... Very easy it seems as the machine is automatic (robotic maybe) and the guy didn't look like he'd got a remote controller as such because he wasn't really watching it much. The second guy was watching it even less as he relaxed against the van bonnet staring at his phone. It begged the question of why it needed two of them to be there? And the fact that it was hardly a job that required much in the way of physical effort, neither of them even had to walk the machine around. Talk about easy money!

Anyway having stopped for a snack I left there and walked via Churchill Avenue along to my Dad's where I stopped for a coffee and a chat.

Looks like tomorrow we're going to try and make the Steam Rally at the Weald of Kent in Woodchurch, postponed from last weekend when it chucked it down it should make a good day out snapping. I love that sort of thing, steam engines, classic cars, right up my street and a nod to the steam fests I have missed over the last year and a bit due to Covid-19.

Batteries for the M50 are charging as I write this πŸ“ΈπŸ˜Š

No comments: