A Quick Word From Yours Truly


Hi, welcome to PJ's blog.

If you've checked out the "About Me" bit you'll see I'm a keen amateur photographer who enjoys all things digital. I mostly like photographing plants and landscapes as they are easy targets ;-) I used to work in Software which sounds more exciting than it is but am now officially a Snr. Project Planner having changed jobs after almost 25yrs in Software. I sometimes wish I could work in photography but that would probably become boring if I did it day in and day out. I used to sponsor a wolf called Luna until she sadly passed away, and love all things "wolfy". Anyhow enjoy the blog and hopefully I'll manage to keep it up to date with what I've been doing and my favourite things!

PJ

Saturday 21 August 2021

Twirling with Sunflowers

 

So having driven past Maze-Moon yesterday on the way to Riverside Country Park, Dad suggested we go back and check out the amazing sunflowers that were growing there today after I'd managed to get some gardening done and before it thought about raining...

They have some awesome rows of these wonderful flowers, a kind of PYO sunflowers with a maze field of maize to wander around. A small mobile café and ice-cream van complete the area.

So having had a quick play in LR with several images which to all intents and purposes look very similar I then went "twirling" again in Photoshop and came up with this...


Totally different from the original image I'm sure you'll agree. The slightest hint of colour remaining if you look closely enough. A really ethereal look from this rather bizarre and totally random technique.

The alternative to this was the use of my Topaz Simplify Filter, what used to be commonly known as Buzz Simplify. A really interesting simplification of an image with some colour options thrown in for good measure.


And here's one such example, albeit that this particular sunflower was a different variety to the mainstream yellow. In fact I didn't appreciate just how many different varieties there are and these may not have been all of them!

We did have the odd shower while we were there, hopped back in the car with a double flake Mr Whippy ice-cream to soften the blow!

Come October they will be doing a PYO pumpkins so have shared the location with Julia and James as that is something that's become a bit of a tradition with them.



No comments: