A Quick Word From Yours Truly


Hi, welcome to PJ's blog.

If you've checked out the "About Me" bit you'll see I'm a keen amateur photographer who enjoys all things digital. I mostly like photographing plants and landscapes as they are easy targets ;-) I used to work in Software which sounds more exciting than it is but am now officially a Snr. Project Planner having changed jobs after almost 25yrs in Software. I sometimes wish I could work in photography but that would probably become boring if I did it day in and day out. I used to sponsor a wolf called Luna until she sadly passed away, and love all things "wolfy". Anyhow enjoy the blog and hopefully I'll manage to keep it up to date with what I've been doing and my favourite things!

PJ

Saturday 10 April 2021

Hurstwood Woods Mooch

 


Been wandering around Hurstwood Woods again this Off Friday given there was finally some better sunshine and weather on my day off. Took the M50 and kit lens along, and Tedster too of course. Turned out to be warmer than I thought and so had to at least unzip my winter coat, it was lovely and peaceful (apart from a group of kids swinging from this tree) whilst I walked along through the woods on the opposite side.

Came back via this tree and just love it's exposed roots and in this visit the lighting hitting the surrounding area. Much of the wooded area is being thinned out I think, maybe to allow more room to walk given that it's a popular local walk what with people still having to "stay local" at least until Monday 12th April. The council have been and mowed the grassed areas which makes it much easier to walk through and generally it's quite the little haven in a relatively built-up area.

The woods have been there longer than I care to remember, I went back for my first visit around this time last year when once again we were in a lockdown (are we ever out of one??) and that was probably my first time back in donkey's years. Can remember the odd afternoon school walk around there and strolling through there of an evening with Julia's Dad before we married trying to avoid the bats that collect there after dark - or used to anyway. With my long hair I was always very keen to avoid them!

All in all a good couple of hours out in the fresh air, something I don't always get the chance to do after work in the week, and a much needed escape from the daily monotony that seems to fill every waking hour lately.

No comments: