A Quick Word From Yours Truly


Hi, welcome to PJ's blog.

If you've checked out the "About Me" bit you'll see I'm a keen amateur photographer who enjoys all things digital. I mostly like photographing plants and landscapes as they are easy targets ;-) I used to work in Software which sounds more exciting than it is but am now officially a Snr. Project Planner having changed jobs after almost 25yrs in Software. I sometimes wish I could work in photography but that would probably become boring if I did it day in and day out. I used to sponsor a wolf called Luna until she sadly passed away, and love all things "wolfy". Anyhow enjoy the blog and hopefully I'll manage to keep it up to date with what I've been doing and my favourite things!

PJ

Saturday 3 April 2021

Easter Local Walk #1


 So popped out on Easter Saturday for a mooch around the local nature reserve by Horsted Park. Had initially worried that my little bit of peace and quiet had become infiltrated by the raucous teenagers but thankfully not, it was merely a walkthrough to the football field where they polished off their KFC before leaving their rubbish behind for someone else to clear up. I blame the parents, some of whom are no better for dropping their rubbish. When we were kids we were taught to take our rubbish home. Once I'd settled in to some photography it wasn't a bad couple of hours out in the fresh air and a welcome distraction from work and doing the garden - which had been Friday's chore.

Even took some in-camera monochrome, something I've not done for ages because it's usually something I try at places like the Dockyard, not quite so good for all the more natural places that I've been forced to frequent for the last year and some. Wound down the contrast a smidge, especially for a sunny day, +3 is proving to be too OTT. Also had to tweak the new profile to stop them coming out with a blue tone.

At least the weather hasn't been too bad this year, not as nice as last year but then we couldn't go anywhere last year. Not that we're in that much of a better place but things are S-L-O-W-L-Y opening up I guess although not making much difference to moi just yet. I'd like to say maybe we're getting used to it, and sometimes I think we are, and then bam it hits you how totally ridiculous the last year has been and how much of our daily lives we've had to curtail just because of some damn virus. I'm also struggling with all the transmission worries that seem to be doing the rounds because the vaccination programme is going so well and with the old and vulnerable pretty much done I can't see what it matters if it's still being transmitted? Once the rest are done too we'll pretty much be in a vaccine induced herd immunity. And the rest aren't people of ages or health that are deemed critical to protect, so what's the issue?? Better to put the energy into stopping variants entering the UK than worrying about what we already have.

No comments: