A Quick Word From Yours Truly


Hi, welcome to PJ's blog.

If you've checked out the "About Me" bit you'll see I'm a keen amateur photographer who enjoys all things digital. I mostly like photographing plants and landscapes as they are easy targets ;-) I used to work in Software which sounds more exciting than it is but am now officially a Snr. Project Planner having changed jobs after almost 25yrs in Software. I sometimes wish I could work in photography but that would probably become boring if I did it day in and day out. I used to sponsor a wolf called Luna until she sadly passed away, and love all things "wolfy". Anyhow enjoy the blog and hopefully I'll manage to keep it up to date with what I've been doing and my favourite things!

PJ

Friday 2 April 2021

Gardening!

 

So Friday was spent doing the garden, back and front lawns plus some weeding, although had already blitzed some of it earlier a few weeks ago. Pruned the fuchsias down and tidied up the sedum. 

Spent 2.5hr outside in the cold, wish I'd had the opportunity to cut it on one of the nicer, warmer days we've had this last week but sadly work beckoned. So was bundled up as expected in long sleeve tops, sweatshirt, pac-a-mac, scarf, fleece hat and my hood up to keep out the breeze 🥶

Still was pleased to have finished the first cut of the year in such a record time for me. Gardening is so not my favourite chore, but with the lack of places to visit and the diminished photography, and having binned off the gardener last year, it's fallen to moi to crack on and keep it tidy at least.

As someone else pointed out though, it is a job where one can measure one's progress visually, which is quite useful at times given mine is a desk job, so sometimes even though you are busy there's little tangible evidence to show for it. And at the moment it's an easy (and safe) way to get some fresh air and no social distancing required 🤣

No comments: