A Quick Word From Yours Truly


Hi, welcome to PJ's blog.

If you've checked out the "About Me" bit you'll see I'm a keen amateur photographer who enjoys all things digital. I mostly like photographing plants and landscapes as they are easy targets ;-) I used to work in Software which sounds more exciting than it is but am now officially a Snr. Project Planner having changed jobs after almost 25yrs in Software. I sometimes wish I could work in photography but that would probably become boring if I did it day in and day out. I used to sponsor a wolf called Luna until she sadly passed away, and love all things "wolfy". Anyhow enjoy the blog and hopefully I'll manage to keep it up to date with what I've been doing and my favourite things!

PJ

Saturday 13 March 2021

More Daffs!


 Thought I should take some proper photos of the daffs before they started to die away so took them up to the studio and dug out my 77D and nifty fifty. Ended up at F2.5 for most of the shots, I like this one as proof that there were some traditional yellow daffs amongst the bunch, although they seemed more reluctant to properly open out.

Used the new tripod and even did that zoom in thing to focus in Live View just to ensure it was focusing on the stamens. Well the shorter group anway!

Really like the shallow DoF from this lens, I don't use it very often as on an APS-C DSLR it's a tad too close when you're out and about, I have to keep backing up and sometimes there's nowhere to back up to. So it's not a goto lens for walking out, but it does produce wonderful dreamy images like this.

Glad I tackled these yesterday, the yellow ones are already going crispy ;-)

No comments: