A Quick Word From Yours Truly


Hi, welcome to PJ's blog.

If you've checked out the "About Me" bit you'll see I'm a keen amateur photographer who enjoys all things digital. I mostly like photographing plants and landscapes as they are easy targets ;-) I used to work in Software which sounds more exciting than it is but am now officially a Snr. Project Planner having changed jobs after almost 25yrs in Software. I sometimes wish I could work in photography but that would probably become boring if I did it day in and day out. I used to sponsor a wolf called Luna until she sadly passed away, and love all things "wolfy". Anyhow enjoy the blog and hopefully I'll manage to keep it up to date with what I've been doing and my favourite things!

PJ

Wednesday 10 March 2021

Happy Flowers!

 

So these are my happy flowers, all gradually coming out to bloom - bought for me by Carole as a thankyou for taking the photos for her various virtual floral competitions.

Two different varieties and they are certainly lifting the gloom of what is currently miserable weather outside again after a cracking day of sunshine yesterday.

Really liking the white and orange ones, they make a good contrast to the more traditional yellow which is what I normally buy and associate with the word daffodil, although there are 13,000 varieties split into around a dozen different groups - wow didn't expect it to be that many 😱

I always think of them as my happy flowers because they are so simplistic and a real sign that Spring is here. They adorn many a road side and garden (sadly not mine) and I look forward to the hope that they bring at this time of year - especially this year.

No comments: