A Quick Word From Yours Truly


Hi, welcome to PJ's blog.

If you've checked out the "About Me" bit you'll see I'm a keen amateur photographer who enjoys all things digital. I mostly like photographing plants and landscapes as they are easy targets ;-) I used to work in Software which sounds more exciting than it is but am now officially a Snr. Project Planner having changed jobs after almost 25yrs in Software. I sometimes wish I could work in photography but that would probably become boring if I did it day in and day out. I used to sponsor a wolf called Luna until she sadly passed away, and love all things "wolfy". Anyhow enjoy the blog and hopefully I'll manage to keep it up to date with what I've been doing and my favourite things!

PJ

Saturday 27 March 2021

Mooch Around Hurstwood Woods

 

Tedster and I took a mooch along to Hurstwood Woods this morning/early afternoon. Enjoyed part sunshine and cloud although it was chillier than I'd realised and I could have done with an extra layer on under the fleece.

Took the M50 and 18-150mm lens along, beginning to think the 15-45mm kit lens focuses better, unless somehow I'm getting it wrong occasionally. Might have to try the 18-135mm STM on it using the adapter ring and see what that's like.

This is Tedster along one of the more wooded paths, as this week's family photo challenge is all things wood (trees, bark, tree knots et al) I thought a trip to the woods might prove fruitful. Kept trying to catch the rays of sun streaking through the trees but it kept dipping behind the clouds so there was much waiting to be done.

Tedster is sporting his latest new pair of knitted trousers, from a seller on eBay who I'm pretty sure made the others he has. These are grey, obviously, and I also bought a chocolate brown. These are to go with the other blue, green and cream ones he already has. A different lady makes the jumpers, which are awesome, but she appears to have only made them in the colours I've already bought, so no new sweaters any time soon ;-) The trouble is Tedster is a small bear compared to the plethora of clothing made for the more traditional Build-A-Bear size teddy. Something which limits purchasing items for his wardrobe somewhat, especially now that Build-A-Bear no longer do the Small Frys/ Buddies clothing for their smaller characters. Fortunately I purchased quite a few (a lot) from eBay before they started to dwindle in the UK so he's not hard up for clothes ;-) 

1 comment:

PJ said...

Update:
Turns out there was a firmware update for the 18-150mm lens, and the camera too as it happens. Updated both and now the lens is much better :-)