A Quick Word From Yours Truly


Hi, welcome to PJ's blog.

If you've checked out the "About Me" bit you'll see I'm a keen amateur photographer who enjoys all things digital. I mostly like photographing plants and landscapes as they are easy targets ;-) I used to work in Software which sounds more exciting than it is but am now officially a Snr. Project Planner having changed jobs after almost 25yrs in Software. I sometimes wish I could work in photography but that would probably become boring if I did it day in and day out. I used to sponsor a wolf called Luna until she sadly passed away, and love all things "wolfy". Anyhow enjoy the blog and hopefully I'll manage to keep it up to date with what I've been doing and my favourite things!

PJ

Saturday 13 March 2021

Local Walk - In the Rain & Hail!


 So thought I would take some daily fresh air and exercise in the local field this afternoon, one of my local haunts during this extended Lockdown.

Took the mobile along as usual and today thought I would see what I could grab snap wise as I trudged around in the long grass and mud ;-)

This is a wide angle shot taken looking right down towards the far end and the looming rain clouds. Had hoped that as the weather looked brighter behind me that the rain was moving away from me but sadly not! As I approached the end of this field, having stopped along the way to take some photos, the heavens opened and the rain fell. I scooted up inside the surrounding woodland just a little way to afford me some shelter, just as well as the rain rapidly morphed into hail! Geez I didn't think it was THAT cold! So stayed in my hidey hole until it eased off before venturing back out and continuing with my walk. Unfortunately I didn't make it home in the dry, on the return journey I got quite wet as yet more rail/hail fell and this time no hidey holes. So much so that I had to hang my coat over the airer and dry off my gloves and trousers :-( My shoulder bag is still hanging up in the airing cupboard!

Love this photo though, been experimenting with some new techniques in Lightroom with regards to Profiles and the Calibration tab, wasn't quite sure whether it would work on the phone shots as they tend to have a mind of their own at times, but this came out really well. The aim is to try and garner some consistency and the Calibration technique really does lend some pop to the images.

No comments: