A Quick Word From Yours Truly


Hi, welcome to PJ's blog.

If you've checked out the "About Me" bit you'll see I'm a keen amateur photographer who enjoys all things digital. I mostly like photographing plants and landscapes as they are easy targets ;-) I used to work in Software which sounds more exciting than it is but am now officially a Snr. Project Planner having changed jobs after almost 25yrs in Software. I sometimes wish I could work in photography but that would probably become boring if I did it day in and day out. I used to sponsor a wolf called Luna until she sadly passed away, and love all things "wolfy". Anyhow enjoy the blog and hopefully I'll manage to keep it up to date with what I've been doing and my favourite things!

PJ

Sunday 11 October 2020

Furry Sleepover!

 


So guess who came for a furry sleepover on Friday evening as a bit of practice for moving day??? This gorgeous girl that's who - ANNIE!!!

She settled right in albeit on my bed for most of the night, whilst she seems happy to stay downstairs during the day time when you pop upstairs, bedtime seems like a different scenario. Every time I offered to take her bed upstairs she promptly jumped in it but then followed me back upstairs the minute I turned my back! She's a cheeky girl ;-)

Anyways at least it means she can stay overnight when Julia and James finally get to move house and therefore, hopefully, avoid some of the angst that everyone else will be facing on the day. Annie suffers with anxiety due to the constant moving around that she endured during her brief time with the Guide Dog association. Not only different boarders but then different families whilst they decided her fate as she never made the grade to be a fully fledged guide dog. Something that most of her various siblings over the years have also failed at. Probably something to do with the GSD in her, they don't generally have the right qualities for guide dog duty but unfortunately the charity continue breeding them which seems somewhat pointless. 

Took the opportunity here to take a quick snap and test out the new baby flash for the Canon M5 at the same time. Whilst most of Annie is typical GSD, the shape of her head and the fluffiness is all Golden Retriever. She is a striking combination and attracts a lot of attention when she is out and about. Given that this is not a popular combination of cross-breeding outside of the guide dog charity she makes for a very unusual pet. The guide dog's loss has been very much our family's gain 💕

No comments: