A Quick Word From Yours Truly


Hi, welcome to PJ's blog.

If you've checked out the "About Me" bit you'll see I'm a keen amateur photographer who enjoys all things digital. I mostly like photographing plants and landscapes as they are easy targets ;-) I used to work in Software which sounds more exciting than it is but am now officially a Snr. Project Planner having changed jobs after almost 25yrs in Software. I sometimes wish I could work in photography but that would probably become boring if I did it day in and day out. I used to sponsor a wolf called Luna until she sadly passed away, and love all things "wolfy". Anyhow enjoy the blog and hopefully I'll manage to keep it up to date with what I've been doing and my favourite things!

PJ

Saturday 17 October 2020

Closed for the Winter!

 


So the decking is all wrapped up again for the winter months. Seems like only yesterday I was unwrapping it! Gotta 'fess up that I haven't used it a great deal this summer, not especially an outdoors person and the main reason for the decking was to make better use of the dead ground in front of and around the laurels. Which it has done splendidly. This year I've tried to position the main furniture so that it doesn't create a pool on the sofa seat from the rain - something that happened last year and caused me to have to keep bailing it out periodically! Those more observant of you will notice a new higher back fence behind mine and the top of a new wooden structure... Having had to climb up on the storage box to rid my laurel of a creeping plant that has grown over the fence from my neighbour (don't even get me started on the mess of a garden he has) I took the opportunity to chat to the people over the back about their new build. Some sort of pergola/pagoda I believe they said - not sure they know which one it is ;-) Wishing that the fence they've erected wasn't quite so high, I suspect they may also have introduced some decking and popped the fence on the top of it, unless their garden now slopes upwards more than it did before. Looks like we've both left the old fence sandwiched in between as neither or us knows who exactly owns it. Something I tried to find out from the Land Registry when I had my new fence put in but unfortunately it doesn't list the boundary fences, or at least not the back fence :-( So for now it'll stay where it is as a boundary marker between the two properties - at least until it completely rots away!

Did some gardening too, mowed and tidied both front & back gardens, feeling uber stiff and achey today. Not used to all this physical activity. At least it was dry yesterday and gave me a pleasant distraction from the debacle that is my daughter and son-in-law's house moving. It also meant I wasn't holed up indoors having to put up with my old neighbour listening to the same bloody film AGAIN with the TV volume up louder than it should be. Most evenings become a TV war with me having mine on just so I can't hear his. Geez don't live next to an old person who is deaf and inconsiderate.

No comments: