A Quick Word From Yours Truly


Hi, welcome to PJ's blog.

If you've checked out the "About Me" bit you'll see I'm a keen amateur photographer who enjoys all things digital. I mostly like photographing plants and landscapes as they are easy targets ;-) I used to work in Software which sounds more exciting than it is but am now officially a Snr. Project Planner having changed jobs after almost 25yrs in Software. I sometimes wish I could work in photography but that would probably become boring if I did it day in and day out. I used to sponsor a wolf called Luna until she sadly passed away, and love all things "wolfy". Anyhow enjoy the blog and hopefully I'll manage to keep it up to date with what I've been doing and my favourite things!

PJ

Monday 25 June 2007

Photo of Paradise!


In case anyone was wondering what Paradise looks like, here it is. This was taken earlier in the year when we had snow, not my favourite kind of weather to be out in. However we have a Winter category coming up in the new seasons photographic club competitions so I thought I would wander outside at lunchtime to see if I could get find any inspiration for the competition :-) Thought the “old world” sepia look rather suited this image, makes the place seem more interesting than it is! Did find some suitable subjects for the competition but can't afford to show them off here until they have been entered into the competition, wouldn't want to ruin my chances ;-) I don't do too bad really, won a shield and a cup last year for the Imagination Trophy and Panel of Four and this year held onto the Panel of Four cup again. In fact I won 1st, 2nd and 3rd, how embarassing. You can never really tell what the judge will go for on the night unless you have seen them before and get a feel for what they like to see. Personally I think likes/dislikes should be left at the door, it's technical ability and composition that count but they are only human after all, at least that's what they keep telling us :-)

No comments: