A Quick Word From Yours Truly


Hi, welcome to PJ's blog.

If you've checked out the "About Me" bit you'll see I'm a keen amateur photographer who enjoys all things digital. I mostly like photographing plants and landscapes as they are easy targets ;-) I used to work in Software which sounds more exciting than it is but am now officially a Snr. Project Planner having changed jobs after almost 25yrs in Software. I sometimes wish I could work in photography but that would probably become boring if I did it day in and day out. I used to sponsor a wolf called Luna until she sadly passed away, and love all things "wolfy". Anyhow enjoy the blog and hopefully I'll manage to keep it up to date with what I've been doing and my favourite things!

PJ

Sunday 24 June 2007

Nimrod MR MK II

Known as "The Mighty Hunter", this is the aircraft whose software I work on.

The team has been in existance for 20+ years now and obviously people have moved on and new people have joined. I've been on the project for about 15 years which is the longest I've worked on any project before.

It's a magnificent aircraft and I get a thrill every time I see it fly, which sadly isn't too often as it doesn't often give performances at airshows. I have been lucky enough to have been on board it a couple of times whilst it has been in the hangers, I am not comfortable enough about flying to go up in her unfortunately.

The other aircraft I love to see fly is the Harrier, I'm not really into airplanes but that is such a different sort of aircraft that I enjoy watching it. The last time I saw one was at last years Farnborough Airshow, it was the first time I had been and it was a pretty good day out despite the changeable weather.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: