A Quick Word From Yours Truly


Hi, welcome to PJ's blog.

If you've checked out the "About Me" bit you'll see I'm a keen amateur photographer who enjoys all things digital. I mostly like photographing plants and landscapes as they are easy targets ;-) I used to work in Software which sounds more exciting than it is but am now officially a Snr. Project Planner having changed jobs after almost 25yrs in Software. I sometimes wish I could work in photography but that would probably become boring if I did it day in and day out. I used to sponsor a wolf called Luna until she sadly passed away, and love all things "wolfy". Anyhow enjoy the blog and hopefully I'll manage to keep it up to date with what I've been doing and my favourite things!

PJ

Thursday 7 July 2022

New Railings & Lights!

 

So this Sunday just gone saw Dad and I take a trip over to The Range to check out the black metal railings I'd seen the previous weekend that I thought, hoped, would fit along the back side of the garage roof to keep Furbaby Annie off the roof. I'd taken a snap of the details in the shop but needed to double check the sizes after we'd actually measured the length of the space behind the garage roof. The long and short of it was that I could fit the railings in if I chose two full panels and the gate panel, which was slightly less wide - otherwise three full panels would put me over the pathway.

So we bought the railings and then headed off to B&Q in search of replacement strip lighting. Here we found two 5ft LED lights which I promptly purchased along with a few more solar lights - one can never have too many solar lights ;-)

This week Dad's been busy fitting the lights inside the garage, staining the wooden beams and using a Hammerite type black paint on the wire brushed metal brackets and this is the outcome:


Both lights are uber bright and unlike conventional fluorescent lights they have no delay in coming on. Simply flick the switch and boom - instant lighting! This will be more necessary come the winter months as there's no natural light entering the garage anymore from the new roof, only what feeds in through the open door. Which this time of year is a lot of light but won't be so bright as the year rolls on.

Gonna owe me Dad several meals out at this rate, all the hard work he's putting in to sprucing up the old garage and the garden!


No comments: