A Quick Word From Yours Truly


Hi, welcome to PJ's blog.

If you've checked out the "About Me" bit you'll see I'm a keen amateur photographer who enjoys all things digital. I mostly like photographing plants and landscapes as they are easy targets ;-) I used to work in Software which sounds more exciting than it is but am now officially a Snr. Project Planner having changed jobs after almost 25yrs in Software. I sometimes wish I could work in photography but that would probably become boring if I did it day in and day out. I used to sponsor a wolf called Luna until she sadly passed away, and love all things "wolfy". Anyhow enjoy the blog and hopefully I'll manage to keep it up to date with what I've been doing and my favourite things!

PJ

Sunday 24 July 2022

Feeling Like A Housewife!

 

So now that I can remove the rotary washing line to the garage anytime I like having got a hole cover to stop the lawn growing over, I decided to see if said line was still functional by hanging out the gardening gear that I had put through the machine.

Geez but trying to get the bloody thing up was a right faff, I had to pin the pole in place so I could lift the centre column sufficiently high in order to secure the hook. This meant initially checking that the line wasn't all tangled up between the main poles.

Got there eventually and hung out the washing - it made me realise why I hate it, items kept blowing over themselves, getting caught on the pegs or the line itself thus preventing them blowing in the breeze. Still as the image says, it made me feel like a housewife for a bit 🤣

Most of the time it's just easier to put the washing on the airer indoors, no running outside then when it starts raining to get the clothes indoors before they get wet!

We used to have a proper washing line that went the length of the garden, back in the day I can remember having to walk up and down cleaning off the line with a cloth to stop the washing getting grubby. I can remember rushing outside with Mum to get the clothes in when it rained! But with the replacement guttering removing the line connector and the pole at the other end collapsing due to rot it was just easier to install a rotary line.

Happy to say the line is back in the garage where it belongs, sporting a new cover to keep the spiders off it. Goodness knows when it will see the light of day again!


No comments: