A Quick Word From Yours Truly


Hi, welcome to PJ's blog.

If you've checked out the "About Me" bit you'll see I'm a keen amateur photographer who enjoys all things digital. I mostly like photographing plants and landscapes as they are easy targets ;-) I used to work in Software which sounds more exciting than it is but am now officially a Snr. Project Planner having changed jobs after almost 25yrs in Software. I sometimes wish I could work in photography but that would probably become boring if I did it day in and day out. I used to sponsor a wolf called Luna until she sadly passed away, and love all things "wolfy". Anyhow enjoy the blog and hopefully I'll manage to keep it up to date with what I've been doing and my favourite things!

PJ

Friday 1 July 2022

Laurel Trimming

 

So took this photo of the laurels on the Sunday that my brother and family came down to celebrate a belated Fathers Day. This was to show them before PMC Tree Care came to tame them after they had grown up again post their original trim in around 2017.

Pavel & Josh arrived at 8:30am armed with all manner of tools and set to bringing the height down and generally shaping them in a little to prevent them spreading too far over my neighbour's gardens and removing some branches that are in the way along with some that died off post the previous trim.

They worked pretty solidly for 3hr and this was the result:

Totally pleased with this trim, much less radical than the time before when they looked like more branch than leaf 😱 The aim going forwards is to book them in for an annual tidy up and shape every October-ish when there's no worry about nesting birds and just before/after the decking furniture is packed away for the winter. Although this year I may well try and bring the furniture down into the garage for winter storage. We've left them reaching out to each other in the centre to try and encourage them to form an arch as time goes on and Pavel works his magic shaping them.

I can thoroughly recommend his business for anyone looking for local tree care, link below.

Here's the handy shredder they brought with them to dispose of all the leftovers:

It made pretty quick chippings of the branches and leaves fed into it by young Josh. After everything was cleared away and the back lawn raked over to remove any loose debris, apart from the change in the trees you'd never have know they'd been there :-)

PMC Tree Care

No comments: