A Quick Word From Yours Truly


Hi, welcome to PJ's blog.

If you've checked out the "About Me" bit you'll see I'm a keen amateur photographer who enjoys all things digital. I mostly like photographing plants and landscapes as they are easy targets ;-) I used to work in Software which sounds more exciting than it is but am now officially a Snr. Project Planner having changed jobs after almost 25yrs in Software. I sometimes wish I could work in photography but that would probably become boring if I did it day in and day out. I used to sponsor a wolf called Luna until she sadly passed away, and love all things "wolfy". Anyhow enjoy the blog and hopefully I'll manage to keep it up to date with what I've been doing and my favourite things!

PJ

Sunday 17 July 2022

Costa Del UK 🌞

 

So this was me sitting on the decking on the first official day of my two weeks hollibobs. Very hot, very sunny, and if I'm perfectly honest - too hot for me 🥵

I'm sure when I return to the "office" the other folks will crow about what a brilliant two weeks I've had, but for me it's too warm to get out and about. Especially when we are now in an Amber weather warning and heading into a Red weather warning lasting for the next two day 🥵🥵🥵

Tedster and I did take a earlyish mooch along to the Coney Banks on the 14th, Thursday, when there was a bit of a cooler breeze blowing, but even then I was glad to get indoors after a couple of hours.



This collage is mainly of the new path that was installed last year, I think, onto the bottom field but you get the idea!

Since then we've been either holed up indoors or on the decking, the most use it's had since it was installed, and to be honest I'm getting bored. There's only so much you can trawl on your phone!

Even took the laptop up one afternoon although I worried about the heat - biggest problem though is that I can't see the screen 🤣


I did take a mooch up to Horsted Park again with the Deep B&W Infrared on the 13th, Wednesday, for an hour or so. This clear sky and white fluffy clouds is perfect Infrared weather. I'd also taken a wander around on my first off-Friday of the hollibobs to snap the wildflowers that grow up on the banks around the site.


This time these were shot with the M50 and kit lens. Another uber hot session.


I'm definitely not built for heat, worry about me Dad when it's this hot too, he's not been keen either to get outdoors. And for the first time they have announced a UK wide national emergency as temperatures in or around 40C are expected tomorrow or Tuesday.

So for all those saying it's just sunny weather - it really isn't, our infrastructure is as badly able to cope with this extreme heat as it is when we get shedloads of snow. The insulation in our houses to keep us warm in the winter keeps us too hot in the heat. Tarmac is melting, rail tracks are warping, fires are starting in areas where the foliage is crisp and too dry.

Personally I'll be glad just to see some cooler weather and maybe even some rain ☔ Didn't think I'd be asking for rain on my hollibobs but at the moment, just to stand outside and get wet would be a blessing.




No comments: