A Quick Word From Yours Truly


Hi, welcome to PJ's blog.

If you've checked out the "About Me" bit you'll see I'm a keen amateur photographer who enjoys all things digital. I mostly like photographing plants and landscapes as they are easy targets ;-) I used to work in Software which sounds more exciting than it is but am now officially a Snr. Project Planner having changed jobs after almost 25yrs in Software. I sometimes wish I could work in photography but that would probably become boring if I did it day in and day out. I used to sponsor a wolf called Luna until she sadly passed away, and love all things "wolfy". Anyhow enjoy the blog and hopefully I'll manage to keep it up to date with what I've been doing and my favourite things!

PJ

Saturday 4 June 2022

Platinum Jubilee Celebrations

 

This was post me putting up a few bits in the porch to celebrate the Platinum Jubilee. Julia had originally prompted me to dig out what I had in the "dressing up/club" box in regards to bunting when she said she couldn't get any. However having dug out some table cloths, two types of bunting and some flags she has yet to need any of it now - par for the course!

So I took the Diamond Jubilee (2012) bunting and put it up in the porch along with a St George flag and draped some red, white and blue jewellery around on the table and the LED light as a focal point. Pretty sure that from the street no-one will be able to see the dates on the bunting and I'm going with the "make do and mend" philosophy if anyone asks 🤣

Due to having caught my first cold in over 2yrs I'm feeling a bit below par to do much of anything apart from watch some stuff live on the BBC, like the Trooping of the Colour on Thursday and the lighting of the subsequent beacons in the evening and tonight the party at the Palace will be live on TV too. Bit of a shame because it would have been nice to maybe get out and see some of the local events but equally there are no street parties where I am and the weather has also turned a bit crap too. In spite of all that planning the one thing that cannot be guaranteed is the bloody weather ☔ The flypast was awesome though and whilst I guess it would be good to be able to look back and say I was there - in reality you get a much better view off the TV! For instance the majority of those filling up the Mall on Thursday wouldn't have seen much from the ground, certainly not the Royals on the balcony which is presumably what they went to see. So I'll stick with the comfort of me sofa and BBC1's live coverage thanks 😊



No comments: