A Quick Word From Yours Truly


Hi, welcome to PJ's blog.

If you've checked out the "About Me" bit you'll see I'm a keen amateur photographer who enjoys all things digital. I mostly like photographing plants and landscapes as they are easy targets ;-) I used to work in Software which sounds more exciting than it is but am now officially a Snr. Project Planner having changed jobs after almost 25yrs in Software. I sometimes wish I could work in photography but that would probably become boring if I did it day in and day out. I used to sponsor a wolf called Luna until she sadly passed away, and love all things "wolfy". Anyhow enjoy the blog and hopefully I'll manage to keep it up to date with what I've been doing and my favourite things!

PJ

Monday 6 June 2022

Garage Refurbishment

 

So this Monday, 6th June, saw VSF rock up to refurbish the garage roof and replace the up and over door. Two chaps turned up and proceeded to work their socks off from 7:30am until around 3pm when they had completed. Despite Dad coming over to offer coffee etc they declined and cracked on to finish a sterling job.

The roof is three panels I believe with a section down the middle of the "double" roof space to adjoin my new roof to my neighbours. They also demolished and removed the old shed that had been sitting on top of the roof for many years.

The collage shows the new roof and the new door - still getting used to opening/closing it but it's getting more fluid as time goes on.

This should ensure that the garage stays dry, something it's been failing to do for some time although to be fair the garage is almost as old as moi, so 50+ years old and whilst the breeze blocks are still sound the asbestos roof had definitely seen better days!

So now I have a useful storage space for all my garden paraphernalia and possibly even the decking furniture come the Autumn when it's time to pack it away again.

Happy Days!

No comments: