A Quick Word From Yours Truly


Hi, welcome to PJ's blog.

If you've checked out the "About Me" bit you'll see I'm a keen amateur photographer who enjoys all things digital. I mostly like photographing plants and landscapes as they are easy targets ;-) I used to work in Software which sounds more exciting than it is but am now officially a Snr. Project Planner having changed jobs after almost 25yrs in Software. I sometimes wish I could work in photography but that would probably become boring if I did it day in and day out. I used to sponsor a wolf called Luna until she sadly passed away, and love all things "wolfy". Anyhow enjoy the blog and hopefully I'll manage to keep it up to date with what I've been doing and my favourite things!

PJ

Saturday 18 June 2022

Garage Tidying Up

 


So on one of the hottest days, Friday, I spent most of the day outside in the garage tidying up and working out where I want to store my tools and generally sweeping up the crap post the refurb. Sweeping the floor is like painting the Forth Bridge, a never ending task, a bit like sweeping off the laurel crap off the decking! That was something else I did to pass the time on a too hot day.

This is me sitting in one of last year's Dobbies purchases, two reclining outdoor high back chairs - except the reclining bit is quite the faff so beginning to wish I'd settled for something less complicated! I popped the chair in the shade of the garage area and used a new 75lt storage box on wheels as a makeshift table for lunch and afternoon coffee. Probably the most amount of time I've sat outside for, I'm not normally considered to be a outdoorsy type of girl, too many bugs for my liking, but it was a very pleasant and relaxing day just pottering around Chez Ware.

Subsequent to this Dad's been up today (Saturday) and sprayed the back wall and part of the sides and floor with some sealant to help keep any damp out bearing in mind that the back wall is built into the garden. The garage has new guttering fitted and Dad tweaked it so it didn't have to drain uphill (the way VSF had left it!) and so at least any rain from the roof should drain away quite nicely into the side garden.

Apart from potentially adding some low fencing across the back of the garage to keep an inquisitive Annie off of it, it's pretty much complete. Possibly some spare soil from Julia & James if they have any left from their garden refurb and some grass seed should hopefully finish the job off.

It's certainly a very marked improvement on the old garage area and the bright goose-grey roof reflects a lot of light thus opening the garden space up.

Another job ticked off the list :-)

Next up is laurel tree trimming which is booked in for 1st July.

No comments: