A Quick Word From Yours Truly


Hi, welcome to PJ's blog.

If you've checked out the "About Me" bit you'll see I'm a keen amateur photographer who enjoys all things digital. I mostly like photographing plants and landscapes as they are easy targets ;-) I used to work in Software which sounds more exciting than it is but am now officially a Snr. Project Planner having changed jobs after almost 25yrs in Software. I sometimes wish I could work in photography but that would probably become boring if I did it day in and day out. I used to sponsor a wolf called Luna until she sadly passed away, and love all things "wolfy". Anyhow enjoy the blog and hopefully I'll manage to keep it up to date with what I've been doing and my favourite things!

PJ

Monday 20 June 2022

Garden Balls

 

So these stainless steel balls are my latest garden purchase - hollow but hopefully robust enough to not blow away (the review said they withstood the Scottish weather) these mirrored balls in various sizes came from Amazon after I originally saw something similar in a little magazine Dad gets.

Thought they would suit being on the slate piece of ground above the bank and what used to be a pond many moons ago. The feather type shape you can see is my metal peacock from Leeds Castle, although he is fading in vibrancy fast.

Hoping to purchase a rainbow iridescent set of these balls for elsewhere in the garden although I believe this set are likely to contain a small hole and so unlike those in the photo, would be unsuitable for floating in water. Not that I have any water anyway for them to float in ;-) Hoping the largest ball in this set as yet unpurchased, will fit inside a metal spider that sits in a flower pot in the yard and used to contain a solar ball light until the plastic eventually became too brittle and fell apart. I've recently cleaned said spider up, brushed him off to remove the rust and sprayed him with some WD40 as it worked wonders on the metal nodding dog - also in the yard.

I'm not a keen gardener and these types of thing help to bring some life into the garden, some interest that isn't yet another Hebe! In fact my yard is mostly artificial plants, ornaments and Mum's sewing machine installation along with a myriad of solar lights.


No comments: