A Quick Word From Yours Truly


Hi, welcome to PJ's blog.

If you've checked out the "About Me" bit you'll see I'm a keen amateur photographer who enjoys all things digital. I mostly like photographing plants and landscapes as they are easy targets ;-) I used to work in Software which sounds more exciting than it is but am now officially a Snr. Project Planner having changed jobs after almost 25yrs in Software. I sometimes wish I could work in photography but that would probably become boring if I did it day in and day out. I used to sponsor a wolf called Luna until she sadly passed away, and love all things "wolfy". Anyhow enjoy the blog and hopefully I'll manage to keep it up to date with what I've been doing and my favourite things!

PJ

Saturday 30 April 2022

Latest Camera Stats

 

These are the camera stats thus far for 2022, not too shabby. The little pink slither at the far right of the tree visual is my 77D, just don't get the opportunity to use it much these days and reluctant to lug it about when I go out, now I have my mirrorless M50, which is almost a baby version of the 77D anyway.

I still enjoy using it although the change to mirrorless makes it hard to switch between the two, on the 77D I miss the instant EVF of the M50 and being able to view the playback images through the viewfinder! Also now I have the 77D set to a 16:9 format I have to keep an eye on the black bars to ensure I get what I want in frame whereas the mirrorless just alters the whole display to whatever you select as the aspect ratio, be that widescreen or 1:1 square. Perfect.

I think in many respects the mirrorless with its instant exposure simulation has made me lazy, I'm so used to just seeing what the camera sees before I press the shutter button that I expect the 77D to be the same, forgetting that the two are very different beasts!

Even the new TG-6 gets more of an outing that the 77D ;-)

Still now that things are relatively normal, Covid-19 wise, I'm getting more opportunity to get out with the camera, currently me and Dad are Bluebell hunting 📸 I've managed to get some of the ones in my garden but the pukka woodland variety are so much more delicate and photogenic. 

Disclaimer: Think my average images per month is a tad high as the calculation I've used in the background Excel sheet won't roll over to 4 months until tomorrow! Doh 🤣

No comments: