A Quick Word From Yours Truly


Hi, welcome to PJ's blog.

If you've checked out the "About Me" bit you'll see I'm a keen amateur photographer who enjoys all things digital. I mostly like photographing plants and landscapes as they are easy targets ;-) I used to work in Software which sounds more exciting than it is but am now officially a Snr. Project Planner having changed jobs after almost 25yrs in Software. I sometimes wish I could work in photography but that would probably become boring if I did it day in and day out. I used to sponsor a wolf called Luna until she sadly passed away, and love all things "wolfy". Anyhow enjoy the blog and hopefully I'll manage to keep it up to date with what I've been doing and my favourite things!

PJ

Saturday 16 April 2022

English Festival

 


Saturday saw me, Dad & Tedster head to the Riverside Country Park for the English Festival. Interesting. Never been before, lots of stalls, old cars including this old fire engine, small steam vehicles, some fairground rides, sheepdog demos and shire horse demos amongst lots of other things.

A bit breezy at times, wish I'd taken my fleece jacket, especially when we thought of ditching the crowds to walk along the river pathway - Brrrr!

A good day out though despite it being fairly busy at time.


Sheepdog Demo


Shire Horse Demo

Watching some of the kids go down some massive inflatable slide was uber funny - their little faces, some in shock at just how tall the slide was ;-) Rather them than me! Mind you at £2.50 a ride most of the fairground attractions must have proved expensive for those with several kids. Maybe if they charged less they would make more money in the long run?

Still it was really good after 2yrs of crappy Easters to have something useful to do this year!





No comments: