A Quick Word From Yours Truly


Hi, welcome to PJ's blog.

If you've checked out the "About Me" bit you'll see I'm a keen amateur photographer who enjoys all things digital. I mostly like photographing plants and landscapes as they are easy targets ;-) I used to work in Software which sounds more exciting than it is but am now officially a Snr. Project Planner having changed jobs after almost 25yrs in Software. I sometimes wish I could work in photography but that would probably become boring if I did it day in and day out. I used to sponsor a wolf called Luna until she sadly passed away, and love all things "wolfy". Anyhow enjoy the blog and hopefully I'll manage to keep it up to date with what I've been doing and my favourite things!

PJ

Wednesday 21 July 2021

Hollibobs - Local Walk

 

So today, whilst Dad waited in for the delivery of his new PC, I took the old Goldie Infrared camera out for a local walk just up the road to Horsted Park and the small nature reserve and then back through the fields afterwards.

Glad I dug this camera out of the cupboard last summer, I'd forgotten then just how fun it is to use and the interesting faux colour images one can produce from it.

Last year I tweaked my LR Infrared presets that have been honed over the years I have been shooting Infrared, each time I use the cameras I seem to have a different overall expectation of the look and so they have altered slightly over time to reflect this.

The purple tweak works well on over exposed images or where you need something to stand out more. Given none of them are true colours I think the purple works well some of the time, mainly when there is no sky in the image!

The pink/yellow are simply based on personal preference at the time for each image. The presets being based on the traditional colour channel swapping that is normally done in Photoshop to swap the colours recorded by the camera - namely brown skies and cyan foliage.

I like the other worldly look of the Infrared whether that's colour or my Deep Black & White. It shows the world in a different vein from what we are used to seeing, the everyday colour of things being no longer relevant.

The trek around the nature reserve was somewhat hampered by the fact that whilst they let the natural plants grow wild, they also don't appear to mow or trim down a proper pathway around the site. Fortunately today I wore shoes and long trousers although still had to be careful of the nettles, brambles and thistles. Still I made it all the way around without stumbling over my feet, or anything else for that matter! Another really warm day so was kinda glad to get back indoors into some coolness. We're so not used to this heat and it makes walking about in it harder the older I get 😉

No comments: