A Quick Word From Yours Truly


Hi, welcome to PJ's blog.

If you've checked out the "About Me" bit you'll see I'm a keen amateur photographer who enjoys all things digital. I mostly like photographing plants and landscapes as they are easy targets ;-) I used to work in Software which sounds more exciting than it is but am now officially a Snr. Project Planner having changed jobs after almost 25yrs in Software. I sometimes wish I could work in photography but that would probably become boring if I did it day in and day out. I used to sponsor a wolf called Luna until she sadly passed away, and love all things "wolfy". Anyhow enjoy the blog and hopefully I'll manage to keep it up to date with what I've been doing and my favourite things!

PJ

Friday 16 July 2021

Hollibobs - Leybourne Lakes

 

Friday has seen us meet up again, this time to head out to Leybourne Lakes, another local country park albeit this one belonging to Tonbridge and Malling.

A circular walk took us around the main lake I believe, some water sports being taken advantage of in the hot weather. Some type of canoe that you sit on rather than in, this poor woman ended up in the lake trying to get onto hers, fortunately I'm sure she would have dried off relatively quickly in the warm sunshine. Paddle boards were another popular choice along with swimmers who carried some sort of buoyancy balloon with them, presumably to alert the other lake users to their presence thus avoid being struck by a passing paddle.

Some wild flowers still in abundance which was nice to see, lots of dragonflies and butterflies and all manner of water fowl from swans to ducks.

Apartment buildings just outside the perimeter of the park afford the lucky residents with stunning views across the lakes from small balconies. Gateways provide easy access to the park itself.

The water was a gorgeous blue in the main and uber clear where it met the shoreline. There were various wooden sculptures like the cricket you see above in the collage.

A little mobile café provides refreshments and there's toilet facilities in the main car park, which has a small daily charge associated with it.


No comments: