A Quick Word From Yours Truly


Hi, welcome to PJ's blog.

If you've checked out the "About Me" bit you'll see I'm a keen amateur photographer who enjoys all things digital. I mostly like photographing plants and landscapes as they are easy targets ;-) I used to work in Software which sounds more exciting than it is but am now officially a Snr. Project Planner having changed jobs after almost 25yrs in Software. I sometimes wish I could work in photography but that would probably become boring if I did it day in and day out. I used to sponsor a wolf called Luna until she sadly passed away, and love all things "wolfy". Anyhow enjoy the blog and hopefully I'll manage to keep it up to date with what I've been doing and my favourite things!

PJ

Friday 9 July 2021

Hollibobs - Coney Banks

 

So went for a mooch along to the Coney Banks on my Off Friday which kinda kicks off another year's "closer to home than usual" Staycation.

Suspect it will be a re-run of 2020's summer holiday which was lots of local walks with a quick venture along to Mote Park where the crowds and building works put me off.

Might make more of the Dockyard this year given that it is open, during last year's break it was still closed for Covid-19. I didn't get a visit in until post my holiday.

Oh and the lifting of restrictions should coincide with my 2nd week so may have more flexibility but suspect this will make minimal difference. Merely do I wear my mask... or not! Will probably still prefer to stay away from people I don't know although that might be more of a quick walk past than diving out of the their way to not even a Thank You from them - some people are uber rude :-(

Anyhoo, walked the hillside path through the wild flowers and then back down the footpath into the main field and home through the woodland. 

Spent the afternoon shooting the breeze over my Dad's, enjoying the fresh air in the garden.

Sometimes it's not about where you go but just leaving the work routines behind and not being tied to clock watching. Just having some time to "be" rather than chasing one's tail. As long as I'm somewhere with my camera I'm usually content :-)

No comments: