A Quick Word From Yours Truly


Hi, welcome to PJ's blog.

If you've checked out the "About Me" bit you'll see I'm a keen amateur photographer who enjoys all things digital. I mostly like photographing plants and landscapes as they are easy targets ;-) I used to work in Software which sounds more exciting than it is but am now officially a Snr. Project Planner having changed jobs after almost 25yrs in Software. I sometimes wish I could work in photography but that would probably become boring if I did it day in and day out. I used to sponsor a wolf called Luna until she sadly passed away, and love all things "wolfy". Anyhow enjoy the blog and hopefully I'll manage to keep it up to date with what I've been doing and my favourite things!

PJ

Sunday 25 July 2021

Back to the "Office" Tomorrow!

 

So with my Hollibobs pretty much over, it's Sunday evening after all, I shall be back at the dining room table, sorry "Home Office", as of tomorrow morning.

It's been a quiet two weeks, another staycation as I've done for the last few years although 2020 and this year have been quieter than usual.

Did have some good times out with my Dad though, wandering around The Dockyard and a few local countryside parks with our respective cameras at the ready. Dad is a font of knowledge on all manner of things, hedgerow plants, the River Medway and all things of a watery nature. It's been good to have some quality time together, especially given I didn't see that much of him last year due to the restrictions of Covid-19 and our collective efforts to protect each other from catching anything.

Still have eight days of leave left which in my present part-time state equates to another two weeks, will have to try and shoehorn that into 2021 at some stage given our holiday runs from January to December. I can carry over some but even that becomes a pain at times, trying to use it up on top of the usual allowance.

Maybe as the year rumbles on there will be easier times ahead, she says hopefully, time to maybe have a better holiday that doesn't involve staying so close to home because I'm worried about using the bus/train - delete as appropriate.

Surely at some point we'll reach the stage where we've done all we can to vaccinate people and we'll just have to get on with life. That was supposed to be now, with Step 4 of the Government's Roadmap, but although for some reason it got badged as "Freedom Day" it has actually turned out to be anything but Freedom. Whilst the social restrictions are no longer "law" they are still "expected", so in reality what's the difference? Not much let me tell you. And the longer it drags on the more tedious it's becoming. The constant reporting of cases/deaths/hospitalisations... Things that I can't seem to avoid reading because one feels it's better to be in the know than in the dark.

I kept waiting for 2020 to end thinking that this year would surely be better, but it's still more of the same Covid-19 "stuff". And there are plenty of times when I feel like things will never be the same again, like there is no light at the end of the tunnel that isn't another train coming 😱


No comments: