A Quick Word From Yours Truly


Hi, welcome to PJ's blog.

If you've checked out the "About Me" bit you'll see I'm a keen amateur photographer who enjoys all things digital. I mostly like photographing plants and landscapes as they are easy targets ;-) I used to work in Software which sounds more exciting than it is but am now officially a Snr. Project Planner having changed jobs after almost 25yrs in Software. I sometimes wish I could work in photography but that would probably become boring if I did it day in and day out. I used to sponsor a wolf called Luna until she sadly passed away, and love all things "wolfy". Anyhow enjoy the blog and hopefully I'll manage to keep it up to date with what I've been doing and my favourite things!

PJ

Sunday 27 June 2021

Tedster's 6th Birthday!

 

So Tedster is 6 years old today, he came into being when I bought him at a touristy type stall on a Wellness Works trip to Windsor. I can never resist a teddy-bear and Julia and I had thought about buying a bear to take with us on my 50th birthday holiday visit to the Isle of Wight to replicate the "Teddy Does the Isle of Wight" book idea that we'd purchased on an early trip to the island.

The little book had been written by two ladies who whilst both being keen photographers didn't want to appear in their photos of places around the island. So they bought an Isle of Wight bear and he appeared in various places, including having his lunch and what not at pubs and venues.

So Tedster was "born" and he came with us for that holiday trip and has been my photo companion ever since. Tucked in the chest strap of my rucksack he accompanies me on my photo days out and appears in my pictures. He helps me to not feel so alone when I'm out and about, I don't have to worry about where he's wandered off to and he doesn't talk back 🤣 On the odd holiday that I have taken away from home he also helps people to remember who I am and he's quite the ice breaker when people stop to ask about him. I've also learnt that I'm not the only one who has a travel bear, apparently they are more prevalent than you'd realise!

So HAPPY 6TH BIRTHDAY TEDSTER 🎂 🎉 🎁

No comments: