A Quick Word From Yours Truly


Hi, welcome to PJ's blog.

If you've checked out the "About Me" bit you'll see I'm a keen amateur photographer who enjoys all things digital. I mostly like photographing plants and landscapes as they are easy targets ;-) I used to work in Software which sounds more exciting than it is but am now officially a Snr. Project Planner having changed jobs after almost 25yrs in Software. I sometimes wish I could work in photography but that would probably become boring if I did it day in and day out. I used to sponsor a wolf called Luna until she sadly passed away, and love all things "wolfy". Anyhow enjoy the blog and hopefully I'll manage to keep it up to date with what I've been doing and my favourite things!

PJ

Thursday 17 June 2021

Evening "Entertainment"

 

On Wednesday evening whilst cooking dinner I heard an almighty bang and having rushed to the porch window saw this green car had hit the lamp-post and almost ended up in the fields whilst trying to avoid another car coming up the road which had ended up on the same side of the road whilst they went around a couple of parked cars :-(

After presumably exchanging details the other car drove away and the owner of this green car put the hazard lights on and left...

Some time later the ladies who owned the cars parked outside rocked up and were on their phones for a while, some time after all this we had a low-loader and three police cars out front with six officers - no wonder there's never a policeman around when you need one. Not sure why it warranted so many - perhaps they were bored 🤣 

Anyhoo, one police car stayed until quite late, parked up behind this green car with it's blue lights flashing, all very annoying as I was about to head off to bed. As I was getting ready for bed a large lorry arrived equipped with a crane type device and proceeded to lift the green car off the lamp-post and onto the back of the lorry. Amidst the car alarm sounding the lorry drove the car away followed promptly by the police.

So I thought, whilst the lamp-post is askew, at least it's still working and so I got in bed. Then the council rocked up and at quarter to midnight set about taking the lamp-post down with what sounded like an angle-grinder.

So much for getting some much needed sleep for work the next morning 😴

Talk about dinner and a show ;-)

No comments: