A Quick Word From Yours Truly


Hi, welcome to PJ's blog.

If you've checked out the "About Me" bit you'll see I'm a keen amateur photographer who enjoys all things digital. I mostly like photographing plants and landscapes as they are easy targets ;-) I used to work in Software which sounds more exciting than it is but am now officially a Snr. Project Planner having changed jobs after almost 25yrs in Software. I sometimes wish I could work in photography but that would probably become boring if I did it day in and day out. I used to sponsor a wolf called Luna until she sadly passed away, and love all things "wolfy". Anyhow enjoy the blog and hopefully I'll manage to keep it up to date with what I've been doing and my favourite things!

PJ

Saturday 5 June 2021

All Jabbed Up!

 

So Saturday saw round two of the Covid-19 vaccine administration. Rocked up @ The Pentagon Centre at 15:30 or just before and astoundingly I was in and out in around 20mins flat 😱 Totally better than last time although maybe there's less of us to be getting through now in the Medway Towns?

So this is my card, two doses of the Oxford jab thanks very muchly, 3wks from now I'll be fitting fit against the Covid-19 lurgy. Not that I really venture out much anyway working from home as I do, and indeed have been since March 2020.

Hoping to feel more confident now I'm Fully Vaccinated, I think my continued isolation at home has cultivated a somewhat wary and anxious version of me that is struggling to find the confidence to just get out there. Plus I hate wearing a face covering although I have to say that Julia was right about the Pacamask being one of the more comfortable to wear.

Wearing or not wearing one is kind of a double edged sword depending on where I am. On a bus I'd probably feel better continuing to wear it even if I didn't have to. But general shopping, as we did yesterday before/after my jab leaves me wondering why it is necessary. Especially when some people insist on leaving theirs under their chin - how is that supposed to help?? These shopping malls have air coming in all the time, and it's not like you get close to people at all really so again it begs the question of why are they needed? Most tills have staff behind a screen and they are probably the closest you get to anyone and even then it's not for long. How does being allowed to sit at a table in a café without wearing one balance out having to put it back on when you get up to walk around in what is essentially the same space??

Gonna be interesting to see what is announced on the 14th June ahead of the possible Step 4 date of the 21st June. Whether it really will be Freedom Day or some half baked version instead which in reality won't be too different from what we have already.

And I think they are right that we are going to have to learn to live with this, vaccines tweaked for new variants, boosters where necessary and the ones we have, have broken the link between cases and hospital admissions which is always what this has all been about - Saving the NHS.

We cannot put our lives on hold indefinitely waiting for this virus to go away, we have to bite the bullet and open up again and come out of our protective shells that we have built around ourselves borne of the fear that "we're all gonna die" - which in many respects has been piled on us from an overprotective government led by a team of scientists who want to carry on sitting on the fence rather than make any kind of decision.

No comments: