A Quick Word From Yours Truly


Hi, welcome to PJ's blog.

If you've checked out the "About Me" bit you'll see I'm a keen amateur photographer who enjoys all things digital. I mostly like photographing plants and landscapes as they are easy targets ;-) I used to work in Software which sounds more exciting than it is but am now officially a Snr. Project Planner having changed jobs after almost 25yrs in Software. I sometimes wish I could work in photography but that would probably become boring if I did it day in and day out. I used to sponsor a wolf called Luna until she sadly passed away, and love all things "wolfy". Anyhow enjoy the blog and hopefully I'll manage to keep it up to date with what I've been doing and my favourite things!

PJ

Thursday 24 February 2011

George Jumps for Charity!

My little nephew George (he's only 3yrs old) took part in a week of fundraising at his nursery and yesterday completed 119 jumps. They are supporting Birmingham Children's Hospital as I believe one of the children at the nursery is receiving cancer treatment at said hospital. Can't believe they managed to hold the kids attention for that long 'cos at their age it flits about all over the place, but my bro' posted on Facebook how proud he was of his son's efforts :-) And at that age the thought that they might actually be faced with the harsh realities of life is pretty damn scary. I remember Julia going to a birthday party for a boy in her class whose sister was suffering from cancer, leukaemia I think it was. They were all only in the Infants school and she sadly passed away after moving up to the Juniors, so no age and I couldn't believe how difficult it must have been for him to have to face the death of a sibling at his tender age. But sadly life is very unfair at times and all we can ever do is to protect our kids from such things for as along as we can.

No comments: