A Quick Word From Yours Truly


Hi, welcome to PJ's blog.

If you've checked out the "About Me" bit you'll see I'm a keen amateur photographer who enjoys all things digital. I mostly like photographing plants and landscapes as they are easy targets ;-) I used to work in Software which sounds more exciting than it is but am now officially a Snr. Project Planner having changed jobs after almost 25yrs in Software. I sometimes wish I could work in photography but that would probably become boring if I did it day in and day out. I used to sponsor a wolf called Luna until she sadly passed away, and love all things "wolfy". Anyhow enjoy the blog and hopefully I'll manage to keep it up to date with what I've been doing and my favourite things!

PJ

Tuesday 23 March 2010

Ear Rim Update

After almost 4 years, I am toying with the idea of retiring my upper ear piercing… Now that I am growing my hair and have to keep tucking it behind my ears whilst it grows I’m finding it getting increasingly in the way. Plus since its been done I’ve not been able to sleep on that side no matter what type of jewellery I wear in it. The threadless labrets from Neometal have been the most comfortable but it really needs a slightly shorter bar and the next size down is too short which results in it getting irritated. Having done a quick post on the Body Jewellery Shop forum they’ve reliably informed me that it wont need any special looking after if I remove the jewellery, just give it one last salt soak and then leave it alone. At the moment I’m wearing a smaller gauge in it to help the hole close down a tad but not sure how long that will take, I once wore a normal earring in it for about 2 weeks and then still went back to a 1.2mm gauge bar afterwards so it could take some time to close completely and hopefully it wont leave much of a mark there, probably a small lump behind my ear but nothing much visible from the front. When my hair was still shaved I hardly noticed the earring there, I never needed to brush my hair or anything but the last thing I want to do is brush my hair and catch it up :-( It will be a bittersweet moment to see it go but to be honest it has never been as successful as I had imagined it would be. It’s pierced too far round to wear a normal earring, they are just not long enough, and even then the end of the earring would stick out too far and catch up on everything. Every so often it plays up and gets sore for no real reason at all and buying body jewellery, especially the threadless variety, is very expensive and has to be shipped from the States for the most part. So in a lot of respects life will be easier without it, unlike my nose piercing which is just there and doesn’t really get in the way, my ear piercing has had more than its fair share of knocks and bumps and so I think the time has come for me to say goodbye to it…

No comments: