A Quick Word From Yours Truly


Hi, welcome to PJ's blog.

If you've checked out the "About Me" bit you'll see I'm a keen amateur photographer who enjoys all things digital. I mostly like photographing plants and landscapes as they are easy targets ;-) I used to work in Software which sounds more exciting than it is but am now officially a Snr. Project Planner having changed jobs after almost 25yrs in Software. I sometimes wish I could work in photography but that would probably become boring if I did it day in and day out. I used to sponsor a wolf called Luna until she sadly passed away, and love all things "wolfy". Anyhow enjoy the blog and hopefully I'll manage to keep it up to date with what I've been doing and my favourite things!

PJ

Friday 14 April 2023

More Yard Pots!

 


Called into Homebase on my way home yesterday to take a look at the pots which hang over a balcony or in my case, a wall. I'd realised that the double pot holder would fit on the slab by the steps when I'd temporarily hung the single pot on it whilst I cleared space to erect the platform so I could climb up to trim the plants where our old pond used to be.

So bought a blue double and single to match, freeing up the beige pot for maybe somewhere else, if it will hang elsewhere? Unsure if the hooks would fit over the new fencing or indeed whether I would want to hang a pot there?

Also bought two white aubretia plants to put in the double pot, I have a plant already in the single pot as it hangs besides Mum's sewing machine. So spent today, Friday, potting up the new plants, rescuing some forget-me-not plants which were growing in perilous places and as I'm desperate to get more in the garden I've potted one and put another three pieces in the front garden. I LOVE these little plants.

Added a couple of metal rings which came with the wind spinner to the shaft, between the nuts and the blades in the hopes that I won't lose the nuts again. On Bank Holiday Monday I noticed that the wind spinner looked weird and that was because the back blades had fallen off! Had to resort to using a magnetic stick to locate the locking nut in amongst the bluebells. Also sprayed some WD40 onto the Home Bargains wind spinners in the vain hope that they might loosen up enough to, you know, actually SPIN. I suspect not, plus the grey coating is flaking off so might need to look for a plan B to keep Annie off the garage... Not that she is here much and not normally up the garden on her own.

The yard is looking very colourful now and I've not even got the knickknacks out yet - looking forward to the riot of blue that will be descending soon on the back garden as the bluebells and love in the mist come into bloom. It's probably the best time for the garden :-)


No comments: