A Quick Word From Yours Truly


Hi, welcome to PJ's blog.

If you've checked out the "About Me" bit you'll see I'm a keen amateur photographer who enjoys all things digital. I mostly like photographing plants and landscapes as they are easy targets ;-) I used to work in Software which sounds more exciting than it is but am now officially a Snr. Project Planner having changed jobs after almost 25yrs in Software. I sometimes wish I could work in photography but that would probably become boring if I did it day in and day out. I used to sponsor a wolf called Luna until she sadly passed away, and love all things "wolfy". Anyhow enjoy the blog and hopefully I'll manage to keep it up to date with what I've been doing and my favourite things!

PJ

Tuesday 11 April 2023

Easter Break!

 


So this weekend has been Easter, having taken some time off for Maundy Thursday and used up some unpaid overtime I looked forward to a slightly extended break.

Didn't bargain on it raining on Thursday but went for a local mooch anyway, with the Olympus TG-6 which is weatherproof, a joy to be able to carry a camera without worrying about it getting wet!

Went round the local nature park where there's the small hint of Spring popping up in blossom on the trees. Then walked back through Horsted Park and out onto the large central area of trees that sits between different stretches of road. There I found the usual daffodils, tulips waiting to bloom but think I may have been too late for the crocuses. Back through Horsted Park where I took a different kind of selfie - my reflection in a house window!

Good Friday saw Dad and I helping Julia and James with the next step in the garden renovation - laying concrete. A much better, sunny day and reasonably warm, especially once you got working.

We had a really good, successful day and the concrete was laid before we left around quarter past six. Think their friend Dima probably won the award for the heaviest lifting, running wheelbarrows of ballast from the front of the house round to the back and then digging out part of the trench which Julia's Dad had originally talked them out of doing (he's a busybody).

Saturday was more gardening for me, testing out the new hedge trimmer - awesome.

Sunday was quiet and I spent some time sitting up on the decking, albeit in a fleece, enjoying the fresh air and sunshine.


Bank Holiday Monday was the usual, requisite wet day - all day. Popped down to The Range with Dad and bought a few bits including some hooks for the garage walls, one of which was needed for the new hedge trimmer. Dad duly fitted the hook to the wall and repositioned another for me on the back wall to hold the snow shovel. Also fitted a C shape hook on the wall above the outside tap to hold the short piece of hose I use to fill up the watering can and water a few nearby pots.

All in all a good weekend for the most part, I got my garden tidied up again and spent some time with good folks working hard for a common goal.


No comments: