A Quick Word From Yours Truly


Hi, welcome to PJ's blog.

If you've checked out the "About Me" bit you'll see I'm a keen amateur photographer who enjoys all things digital. I mostly like photographing plants and landscapes as they are easy targets ;-) I used to work in Software which sounds more exciting than it is but am now officially a Snr. Project Planner having changed jobs after almost 25yrs in Software. I sometimes wish I could work in photography but that would probably become boring if I did it day in and day out. I used to sponsor a wolf called Luna until she sadly passed away, and love all things "wolfy". Anyhow enjoy the blog and hopefully I'll manage to keep it up to date with what I've been doing and my favourite things!

PJ

Sunday 16 April 2023

Garage Works

 


So Dad popped round this morning to take a look at the metal beam in the garage just behind the door. Because I've not been shutting the door properly I've ended up banging it shut and bits of rust keep falling off the beam :-( Turns out all I need to do is twist the handle et voila the door shuts perfectly - doh!

Anyway, he sanded it off and painted it to help prevent it rusting further although to be fair it wasn't as bad as it seemed. We used some tarpaulin to keep the spray paint off the door.

Then after lunch I replaced some of the long screws used to hang my bits and bobs on with some tool hooks and then for those screws I kept I used some plumbing washers to provide a stop at the end of the screw to help keep the items on. I could do with some more of the hooks (which I think are meant for ceiling mounting) and the U shaped ones, but the additional pack I bought, the screw threads are bigger than the existing screw holes/raw plugs, so have put them to one side for now. Some are also for ladders which I don't really need as the ladder is already on the wall supported by a couple of old metal brackets.

Also tidied up the old fuchsia to remove much of the dead wood thus allowing the new growth to come through. Earlier in the year Dad wasn't sure if it was still alive but it's sprouting out now :-) It definitely looks better for the trim!

It's been nice to have a whole day of dry weather, it feels like we've had rain most days, sometimes all day. It's allowed the newbie next door to get some of the crap into the newly delivered skip although to be fair they didn't rock up until late afternoon today. And then they tackle all sorts of random jobs. Including pulling down the second old shed,,, It's now left yet another pile of old wood which will need to be cut into smaller sections if they want to maximise the skip space. Maybe dismantling the shed properly would have been a better option 🤔 This will be the 2nd year that she's had the house but has yet to move in - again focusing on getting a bathroom and kitchen up and running would allow her to move in and do the rest more easily in her spare time. I guess the bonus of living with one's parents is that there's no pressure to move out, even at her age, which I confess is hard to guess.

Right, almost another weekend over, think we'll be helping Julia and James again next weekend although not sure how much help I can be laying breeze blocks! And James has his birthday flight next Saturday afternoon so Dad and I will be there with the cameras trying to capture the memories.


No comments: